Aluminum Cans for Burned Children of Northeast Ohio (ACBC) collects more than 75,000 lbs. of aluminum cans annually from collection sites at 90 fire stations across Northeast Ohio. Proceeds from this scrap metal are used to support programs for pediatric burn survivors including Camp Phoenix and to provide fire safety and prevention education for area schoolchildren. ACBC is seeking a recently retired firefighter to assist in its can collection operations as a primary driver, but will consider a current firefighters as well.
- Drive a 16-foot box truck on city streets and highways.
- Load cans into truck and unload at scrap yard.
- Occasionally work with another driver to help load.
- Drive truck to maintenance and repair appointments.
- Report any problems with the route or vehicle to the ACBC Executive Director.
- Serve as an ambassador for ACBC with local fire departments.
Requirements: Licensed Driver with clean driving record. Ability to lift 25 lbs. Pleasant work demeanor. Ability to work independently.
Preference: Driver experienced with large vehicles
Hours: Part-time, flexible, daytime. 2 to 3 days per week. Estimate 40 hours per month.
Pay: $15-$17 per hour
To apply, contact ACBC Board President, Mike Carroll at [email protected]