October 17-19 2022 Safety Forces Personnel – This is for You! Get ready to learn from amazing speakers during the day and enjoy awesome networking in the evening! Join us this fall for a three day conference – to provide Inspectors, Fire Investigators and Public Educators with tools and resources to build successful programs…
The 4/12/22 meeting is scheduled for 12:00 at Glen Eagles Golf Club & Event Center. If you have or plan to register for “all-inclusive” membership, your meal will be covered by NEOFCA, others will pay $18.00 for lunch that includes the venue, meal and gratuities.
The Northeast Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association extends its deepest condolences to the family of Retired Chief Richard Kosmerl. RICHARD J. KOSMERL, age 82, died Dec….
Aluminum Cans for Burned Children (ACBC) named Helen Jones-Toms as its new executive director, effective May 1, 2020.ACBC is a 30-year-old nonprofit organization founded by…
The NEOFCA Membership Benefits
- Legal defense fund outlined in the current NEOFCA Constitution & By-Laws
- Hospitality/meeting room at all Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association conferences.
- Opportunity to meet your local State Senators and Representatives to discuss issues important to the fire service.
- Representation at the Congressional Fire Service Institute Caucus in Washington, D.C.
- Legal Defense. The Association maintains a legal defense fund for Fire Chiefs in need of legal aid.
- Retirement Banquet. Each year the NEOFCA honors retired members at a dinner/dance sponsored by the Association.
How is the NEOFCA involved in promoting legislation that helps fire and emergency services management?
The NEOFCA Chiefs serve on the Board of Directors of the Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association. NEOFCA Members also serve on key committees such as EMS, Education, and Legislation.
How can the NEOFCA assist me with labor relations problems?
The NEOFCA maintains a current file of labor contracts throughout Northeastern Ohio. This collection provides statistics and details pertaining to various labor topics.
Who is eligible to join the NEOFCA?
Membership is open to full-time, part-time, and volunteer Fire Chiefs within Northeast Ohio; including Lake, Ashtabula, Lorain, Summit, Cuyahoga, Trumbull, Medina, Wayne, Mahoning, Geauga, Stark and Portage counties.
How much are the NEOFCA dues?
Dues are $100.00/year/individual.
The North-Eastern Ohio Fire Chiefs' Association promotes continuing Fire Service education and provides opportunities to exchange ideas, practices and experiences to better understand and address the complex issues facing NEO Fire Chiefs.